Friday, November 30, 2007

Philippians 4:13

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. -Philippians 4:13 NIV

This verse came to mind as I was thinking about going back to work today. I was looking forward to returning to work, but a little nervous about the transition from just plain "momma" to "working momma." I have been with Bella 24/7 for 6 weeks so leaving her during the day was a little difficult. A few tears were shed. :) I really did have a great day. I was happy to be back at work. Everything went well for me and Bella did great her first day at daycare. Daddy picked her up and I think that was a little special treat for her. I was praying that the Lord would give me strength...and He did. The Lord is always faithful! I am learning to trust Him more and more each day.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Yes, the Lord is always faithful and that's awesome you are keeping your trust in Him. I know it's not always easy. I hope your transition is getting smoother for all of you.

Much love you you all!!

Unknown said...

Hi there! I'm so glad that you checked out my blog because now I can look at yours! I'm really glad that your back to work transition is going well. I was looking at some of your older posts and saw Bella with her "BILLY" blanket.I've been there too. Jackie had to sleep in a laundry basket with the blanket underneath and Ava had to go back to the hospital so she could get the lights on her front and back. We only had to stay for one night though. Jaundice is certainly not easy, is it?
Anyways, it was really nice having the chance to talk to you at care group. We plan on being at Church tomorrow so I hope we'll see you there. It seems that for the last 4 or 5 weeks, something bad has happened and we haven't been able to get to church. This week, I am determined! Talk to you soon, Linda P.S. Your daughter is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Kate Van said...

hi friend! these pictures are adorable- her room looks sweet as well. Hope you're doing well. Are you back full time already?

Jessica Rockey said...

I can't believe she's already six weeks old! I'm always ready to babysit a cute little one... Reaghan too!!!
How's work going? I bet it's hard to leave her. We should hang out over the holidays if life isn't too crazy. I've got one more week of classes, then I'm off til after Christmas.
Hope all is well... see you soon!

Mimi said...

Hey Mel,

You have been on my mind alot these past couple of weeks. How are you doing? Give me a call so we can babysit!